I’m thrilled to inform you that the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress (FCP) has just announced a record-breaking event! Following publication of “Outcomes-Based Contracting™: The Value-Based Approach for Optimal Health with Chiropractic Services”—a pro-Chiropractic report by The Center for Health Value Innovation—the FCP generated unprecedented exposure to this major document in high-profile media. CNBC.com, Forbes.com, MarketWatch.com, Newsday.com and WSJ.com all carried coverage of the report, which has since resulted in over 22,000 headline impressions and hundreds of release views, including a feature on FierceHealthcare.com, the premier source of healthcare management news for executives in the healthcare industry.
As national exposure to the Foundation’s message continues to increase at a record pace, more contributors are pledging their support, membership in the FCP is growing daily, a new public service announcement (PSA) is in the works right now—and that’s only a fraction of the activities that are currently underway to promote Chiropractic to a nationwide audience! Here are just some of the other numerous efforts that the FCP is taking on behalf of your profession:
PSA, Advertorial Numbers Climb
The advertorials, TV, and radio spots created and produced by the Foundation continue to generate mass exposure nationwide. Below is a listing of the most recent materials and their audience numbers:
- General Halstead TV PSA: As of Oct. 6, 2010, this spot had been broadcast 138 times in 29 different states, with an audience of 146,422,681.
- Jerry Rice Radio PSA: As of Oct. 7, 2010, this spot had been broadcast 179 times in 38 different states, with an audience of 14,489,326.
- Jerry Rice TV PSA: As of Oct. 6, 2010, this spot had been broadcast 141 times in 34 different states, with an audience of 157,963,116.
- Jerry Rice Advertorial: As of Oct. 12, 2010, this release generated 360 news articles in 24 different states, with a readership of 10,730,208.
- Obesity Advertorial: As of Oct. 12, 2010, this release generated 124 news articles in 17 different states, with a readership of 4,655,008.
- Headache Advertorial: As of Oct. 12, 2010, this release generated 268 news articles in 23 different states, with a readership of 10,137,792.
Print Campaign Pushes Forward
In my last column, I related how the FCP had placed positive testimonials in three major national publications: The Wall Street Journal, Sports Illustrated, and Working Mother. Here are five additional magazines or newspapers that have carried our professionally created advertisements:
- Woman’s Day: September. Circulation: 3,966,414.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Yearbook: August (p. 73). Circulation: 550,000.
- San Francisco Chronicle: Aug. 16, 2010 (Bus. p. 5). Circulation: 254,932.
- USA Today (Florida): Aug. 27, 2010 (p. 7). Circulation: 127,684.
- Quad City Times: Aug. 11, 2010 (p. A8). Circulation: 51,035.
In addition to the Foundation's successful campaign during the Florida Chiropractic Association Convention in August, there are a number of new supporters, as well as some established ones, who made recent noteworthy contributions:
- Multi Radiance Medical: Pledged $25,000.
- Hygenic/Performance Health: Pledged $50,000—bringing their total contribution to over $100,000.
- Northwestern Health Sciences University: Pledged $30,000—bringing their total contribution to $85,000.
- Parker College of Chiropractic: Pledged $15,000 and promised an additional $20,000 in 2011.
- Chiro One Wellness Center (COWC): Submitted a check for $500 in the name of Dr. Fab Mancini. This is in addition to COWC's contribution of $10,000 made earlier in the year.
- Chiropractic Association of Louisiana: Pledged $6,000—bringing their total contribution to $32,000.
- Southern California University of Health Sciences: Pledged $4,200—bringing their total contribution to $20,400.
- Texas Chiropractic College (TCC): Pledged $3,000—bringing their total contribution to $14,000. In addition, TCC President Richard G. Brassard, DC, pledged $5,000 individually.
- Western States Chiropractic College: Pledged $6,000—bringing their total contributions to $12,000.
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association: Endorsed the Foundation and became a supporter.
- World Congress of Chiropractic Students: Endorsed the Foundation and made a contribution of $500.
- Foot Levelers, Inc.: Total funds contributed to date now exceed $1,000,000.
Car Raffle Continues
Don’t forget that, if you donate to the FCP today, you could soon be driving away in a 2011 Ford Mustang! Here’s how it works: Every 2010 contributor will be given a chance to win. Each dollar you donate counts as an additional entry, so more dollars means more chances to win! You can make a pledge on the FCP Web site, fill out a pledge sheet, or contact the foundation office (866-901-3427). The winner, to be announced at the 2011 Parker Las Vegas conference, will receive a two-year pre-paid lease of a new Mustang convertible. (Visit www.foundation4cp.com for complete contest rules).
Make a Difference—Join Today
We need your help to reach more people and tell them about the many benefits of chiropractic care. Take a look at what you are doing to help your profession. Evaluate what you can do and then join the cause. No donation is too small, because every new contribution means one more Chiropractor has decided to help his or her profession. Just think what we could accomplish together if every Chiropractor joined the fight to get more positive press for the profession! Become a monthly contributor to have an impact on the public’s perception of chiropractic. With your support, we can do so much more in 2011 to spread the good news to the general public.
To learn more about the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress or to arrange an automatic monthly donation, visit www.foundation4CP.com or call (866) 901-3427. Support the FCP today.
The Foundation for Chiropractic Progress
PO Box 560
Carmichael, CA 95609-0560